Welcome to Rap Nation
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adrian Younge Presents Souls Of Mischief - There Is Only Now [August 26th]

Souls Of Mischief Hieroglyphics Hiero Adrian Younge

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Corpz

Corpz

Kool G Washington

• Moderators

• 6165 posts
  • 39 Thanks

0c9213a6e97f11e2ba2422000a1f9376_7.jpg

Today on Sway In The Morning, producer/musician Adrian Younge and hip-hop group Souls of Mischief announced that they’d be releasing a joint album via RZA’s Soul Temple Records, due out this September. In an interview with XXL earlier this week, Younge dished on the concept behind the album—which has its own storyline, as did Younge’s recent output Twelve Reasons To Die with Ghostface Killah—as well as the style and feel of the project, and the involvement of Ali Shaheed Muhammad. Check back later today for the rest of the interview with Younge.—Dan Rys (@danrys)

“The next project is Adrian Younge Presents Souls of Mischief. That’s my next big thing and I’m super happy about that. It’s a project that if somebody misses the sounds of 93 ’til Infinity meets The Low End Theory meets De La Soul Is Dead. If somebody misses that kind of sound, they’ll be happy to hear this album because it goes back to that time, you know. Kind of like how the Ghostface album [12 Reasons To Die] kind of went back to that time. And I love both styles of music back then, so I’m very, very excited.

“And it’s also a concept album too—Souls of Mischief almost gets killed by some dude that was just crazy and the whole album just starts off with this incident, and then it blossoms into these different stories that are a result of this volatile incident. And that’s basically what that album is about. It’s dope though. It’s really dope. As far as stylistically, it’s kind of like if Bob James and Herbie Hancock recorded with Q-Tip back in the day, you know what I’m saying. That’s the perspective on the album. I was with Ali Shaheed Muhammad yesterday showing him some of the stuff and he was totally getting it because he’s going to be the narrator on this album, like how RZA was sort of the narrator for Ghost [on 12 Reasons], that’s what Shaheed’s going to be doing. It’s Native Tongues shit, you know what I’m saying, so that’s what I’m super psyched about.

“I mean it’s done now; I’m just touching stuff up. But it’s pretty much done. It’s going to be released in September.”

Source: http://www.xxlmag.co...aheed-muhammad/

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Num

Num

Its the body bag game bitch, I'm supplying coffins.

• Citizens

• 3696 posts
  • 11 Thanks
  • LocationToledo, North Side.

:excited:

No Era Penal

No Era Penal

Damien

• Uploaders

• 3373 posts
  • 5081 Thanks
  • LocationNetherlands

:crowd:

Skeletor

Skeletor

Doe Or Die

• Most Valuable Poster

• 2117 posts
  • 382 Thanks

SoulsOfMischief_Cover.jpg

140613-souls-of-mischief-there-is-only-n
Hip-hop legends Souls of Mischief announce "There is Only Now," out August 26 Photo by Artform Studio
WRITTEN BY
Colin Stutz
June 13 2014, 4:22 PM ET

After looking back last year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Souls of Mischief's legendary 93 'Til Infinity, the iconic Bay Area hip-hop quartet has announced a new record out August 26 called There Is Only Now. For the Hieroglyphcs group's first release in five years, A-Plus, Phesto, Opio, and Tajai teamed with producer Adrian Younge (Jay-Z, Ghostface Killah, Delfonics) and a handful of notable guests to weave a musical crime saga based on a near-fatal accident early in the four Souls members' careers.

The cinematically blessed 19 tracks are narrated by A Tribe Called Quest member Ali Shaheed Muhammed, who plays the DJ for fictional Oakland radio station K-NOW and unfolds the story through his all-seeing eye. Further features give a deeper sense of what we can expect from the story: Busta Rhymes makes an appearance as the villain, Womack; William Hart of the Delfonics lends his falsetto to "Another Side of You"; Snoop Dogg is tagged for the title track; and Scarub from Living Legends gets into the mix on "Stone Cold."

What's more, Souls' entire sixth LP was evidently recorded without the use of computers. All four members and Younge worked in an Los Angeles studio for months laying tracks down on 2-inch analogue tape with each song recorded in a single take. All instruments were played by Younge or session musicians without drum-sampling or drum machines.

There Is Only Now will be the first release on Younge's new Linear Labs record label and will be available in — count them — eight formats: 1) 7" vinyl with "There Is Only Now" and "All You Got Is Your Word"; 2) double-disc CD with vocals and instrumentals; 3) limited-edition vinyl LP picture discs; 4) standard format LP once the picture discs sell out; 5) cassette tape; 5) instrumental-only LP; 6) instrumental only cassette; 7) Ali Shaheed Muhammad remix LP; and 8) Ali Shaheed Muhammad remix cassette tape. Whew.

1. K-NOW Intro
2. Time Stopped 2:20
3. Womack’s Lament f. Busta Rhymes
4. Panic Struck
5. K-NOW Interlude 1
6. Another Part of You f. William Hart
7. All You Got Is Your Word
8. There Is Only Now f. Snoop Dogg
9. Meet Womack
10. K-NOW Interlude 2
11. Miriam Got a Mickey
12. Stone Cold f. Scarub
13. The Synopsis
14. Ghetto Superhero
15. K-NOW Reprise
16. Narrow Escape
17. Finally Back
18. The Last Act
19. K-NOW Outro

http://www.spin.com/...only-now-album/

BASED DON JULIO

BASED DON JULIO

rest in peace daniel

• Citizens

• 3213 posts
  • 12 Thanks
  • LocationLos Angeles
:pac: :ojjam:

Corpz

Corpz

Kool G Washington

• Moderators

• 6165 posts
  • 39 Thanks

I posted this ages ago in the album discussion section. Ima merge it with the thread since you added the track list and release date tho. good looks.

Corpz

Corpz

Kool G Washington

• Moderators

• 6165 posts
  • 39 Thanks

Listen on Soundcloud.com

Updated with Soundcloud CDQ

Corpz

Corpz

Kool G Washington

• Moderators

• 6165 posts
  • 39 Thanks

Corpz

Corpz

Kool G Washington

• Moderators

• 6165 posts
  • 39 Thanks

Listen on Soundcloud.com

Lil Be

Lil Be

i

• Uploaders

• 8133 posts
  • 9393 Thanks
  • LocationWestside

http://rapnation.me/...y-now-grouprip/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Souls Of Mischief, Hieroglyphics, Hiero, Adrian Younge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users